Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What haPPens aftER dEath?? a MysteRY O.o



I just listened to the song The Thief in the Night by Aceyalone. It's supposedly about death and what Aceyalone thinks that is gong to happen after people die. From what I understand, he thinks that after we die, everyone and everything, not just human beings but animals too, our energy from our bodies leaves our body and goes into another. I'm not sure if that makes any sense to you but to me I think he's saying that he believes in recarnation. We are born over and over again but we don't remember our last life. Over the years my mom has taught me the same thing. It's just that she says that depending on how we bahave during our current life, it decides what we become in our next. There are different consiquenses for your actions that I'm not really sure about. I think there was one where if you beat your kids and wife you will become a widow in your next or not have kids at all. I'm sure that there are many others that I will get back to you with them but I'm not sure right now. I know if you are good in your current life, you will be rich or something like that. My mom also said that if you are a guy and you mistreat people or does a lot of wrong things in your life you will become a woman in your next life. She says that being a guy is better because they don't have to give birth or any of the other stuff that girls have to. Then if you are really bad and commit a lot of sins, then you will become a animal or an insects. I guess animals and insects are bad because they get killed and hunted a lot by us humans. I'm pretty sure that being a human is one of the best things on the list of things you can be in my religions beliefs. The best thing you can be is sort of like a god or something. My mom believes that it works like this, after you die, you will be brought to this plae where they decide what you will be in your next life. You will go through a series of tests like whether you were generous, selfish, greedy a liar and things like that. Every test you past you get closer to the platform because you are on a bridge when you are taking this test. Below you are a pit of snakes that will torture you, not kill because you're already dead. If you fail one of these test then the bridge will brake and you will be left to plummet into the pit of snakes. If you make it all the way on the other hand you will go up to heaven and be with all the gods and stuff like that. Over the years I just accepted my mom's theory, but these last few days I have been wondering what I think happens. I mean there is no scientific proof that there is a heaven and everythin is supposed to have a scientifc explanation right? Then again there are a lot of things that we don't know about. I kept on contridicting myself. The world wouldn't be fair if people didn't have to pay for the things they did wrong right? In the end I decided that the only way to find out was to die but by that time it wouldn't matter anymore because you can't share that knowledge with anyone alive. Right now I'm still debating whether there is a heaven and if my mom's theory makes sense. Just in case though I'm being very good this life, I'm not taking any chances because I don't want to fall into no pit of snakes. I'm an angel! 0=] See the halo? My mom also said I was one of the angels last life. No lie.

1 comment:

lahana said...

Your answer was very thorough and revealing...I think you reached a conclusion that a lot of people reach--there's really no way of knowing what happens after you die-- you just have to have faith that the "bad" will get punished and the "good" rewarded. But as you point out things get complicated when you really break them down. Like what IS good? What if something is good for some and bad for others? Who is tallying up all our good and bad deeds? If there is someone doing this why don't they have the capability of stopping really horrible things from happening?

I also like how you question whether being reincarnated as a human is necessarily the best thing. I really think being a whale would be awesome.